Despite several anti-acne products available in the market, people often look for new and safer ways to get rid of pimples and why not, who doesn't want a pimple free clear skin!
While getting pimples is normal during puberty and hormonal changes, there are a lot of other reasons which cause pimples, check out some common causes of pimples or acne here.
This article suggests some tips to follow in your skincare regime to control acne:
- Cleanse your face thoroughly with a good mild oil control facewash.
- Exfoliate your skin with a good face scrub, preferably natural, at least once a week.
- Detox your skin with a good face mask at least once a week. You may buy readymade facemasks or make one at home. Honey and Cinnamon Mask for Acne: Make a honey and cinnamon paste by mixing two tablespoons honey with one teaspoon cinnamon powder. Apply this paste on the face covering the affected areas and rinse off after 15 minutes. Patch test recommended.
- Spot treat your pimples with Tea tree oil diluted with water(Mix one part Tea Tree Essential Oil with nine parts water). Follow once a day. Patch test recommended.
- Invest in a good water-based or gel-based moisturizer.
- Keep your skin hydrated; drink at least eight glasses of water a day.