Be it a long day at work or a crazy party, we often skip the most important part of our skincare regimen afterwards, which is to clean those layers of makeup we put on to look our best. We consciously neglect to wipe makeup off before bed many times thinking “one night won’t make any difference’’. Is it?
Like it or not, our favourite makeup products be it an eye-catching lip colour or a too good to be true foundation, contain nasty chemicals like Lead, Parabens and many other which can seep deep inside our skin pores causing them to clog, attract bacteria and cause many skin problems like acne, patchy skin, blackheads and more. These problems may seem small but can become a serious skin issue over time.
No matter how tired you may be, cleaning your makeup before bed is a must. And NO, facial wipes or cleansing oil are not enough. You need to clean your face with a good face wash after removing your makeup with a face wipe or oil. Most facial wipes and cleansing oils contain chemicals that allow easy removal of makeup, which means there are possibilities that they can leave a chemical residue on the skin and if used incorrectly, they can push makeup deep into the skin instead of removing it.
Make skin-friendly choices. A healthy skin not only makes you look beautiful but also boosts your confidence. Going to bed without removing your makeup is a big NO.
Tips for glowing skin from deep within-
- Wash your face twice a day with a good quality face wash depending on your skin type
- Moisturisation is the key to healthy skin, use a hydrating cream-based or gel-based moisturiser depending on your skin type. Try using all-natural products free from parabens and harmful chemicals
- Scrub those dead cells away at least once a week. Try using all-natural products free from parabens and harmful chemicals
- Face pack is your ninja to fight those skin impurities away. Use a good quality face pack at least twice a week
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink at least 3 litres of water a day.